A Personal Insurance Update
Like it or not, winter is approaching and now is the time to start preparing your home, RV, and other property for winter. It is much easier to do a little prep work now rather than wait until winter damage has already occurred.
We are also prepared to help you with your personal insurance needs. Now is the time to have us review your home insurance, auto insurance or other personal insurance policies to make sure that you are ready for winter. Call our office today for a free review.
Winter Preparation Checklist
- Get your furnace serviced if needed. Turn on your furnace to make sure everything is working properly.
- Clean your fireplace if necessary.
- Check windows and doors for drafts and efficiency.
- Get your motorboat out of the water, drain all fluids, and follow the manufacturer’s recommendations for winter storage. For more information, go here.
- Make sure your RV is winterized. Here is some good information.
- Check your inventory to verify that you have extra supplies like water, flashlights, food, and candles on hand.
- Purge all sprinkler system lines of water with an air compressor to prevent freezing and bursting.
- Ice and snow can weigh down branches, so be sure to remove any that are hanging too close to the house.
- Invest in a home energy audit.
- Put a clean filter in your furnace.
- Replace batteries in smoke detectors.
- If you have any ceiling fans inside your home, know the rules; counter-clockwise rotation produces cooling breezes and clockwise rotation produces warmer air.
It's important to know if you have enough home insurance coverageand our agents can help. Request a quote online.