Personal Insurance may be confusing to some people. However, here are a few interesting facts to get you thinking about your personal insurance program. We can offer the right combination of pricing and coverage on your home, auto, and boat insurance. If anything, these are great reasons to have us complete a review of your personal insurance program.
- There were over 26,000 arson fires in the U.S. in 2016.
- Hail causes about $1 billion dollars in damage to crops and property each year.
- There were over 2,000,000 home burglaries in 2016.
- One third of consumers believe they do not have enough life insurance.
- 721,000 autos were stolen in 2016.
- Did you know that if the price of gold goes up, you may need to increase your insurance on your jewelry?
- September is the most common month for hurricanes making landfall in the U.S.
- Identity theft claims increased over 19% in 2016.
- 24% of fatal auto accidents were caused by driving too fast.
- According to the National Fire Protection Association, in 2016, on average, a fire department responded to a fire every 23 seconds in the United States.
- Most homeowner’s insurance does not cover flood damage. Just a few inches of water from a flood can cause tens of thousands of dollars in damage.
- The average renter paid about $200 for insurance in 2016.
- There were about 4,700 boating accidents reported in 2016– 462 occurred in Texas.
- Alcohol was the largest human factor in boating deaths in 2016 (97 percent of boating fatalities), causing 140 deaths in 368 accidents and resulting in 317 injuries.
- There were 3,720 distraction-affected fatal crashes in 2016. Turn off your phone!
We hope this has given you a chance to think about your home, auto, boat, motorcycle, and business insurance needs. Please call us today and let us help you sleep better at night, knowing you are better protected.
Slevin Insurance Group is one of the leading insurance agencies in the Chicago area. We’re always looking for ways to improve even though we think we’re already the best. Don’t just take our word for it – it’s what our customers are telling us.